Science Communication for Researchers in Education: how to do it successfully
|Date||5 - 10 November 2017|
|Venue||University of Aveiro, Averio, Portugal|
|Organisation||Research Centre on Didactics and Technology in the Education of Trainers|
The Research Centre “Didactics and Technology in the Education of Trainers” of the University of Aveiro – Portugal, is pleased to announce the 1st edition of the international Autumn School SCoRE'17: Science Communication for Researchers in Education: how to do it successfully. Doctoral students and young researchers in Education are encouraged to apply.
SCoRE'17 will take place from 5 to 10 November 2017, at the University of Aveiro, and will involve six keynote speakers in Science Communication who will lead the participating researchers through different strategies and technologies aiming at communicating scientific knowledge to broad publics, thus reinforcing the connection between R&D activities (research and development) and society.
Purpose and aims:
The main purpose of this programme is to develop the participants’ competences in Science Communication aiming at different audiences (e.g., politicians, academics, teachers and students and public in general) by (i) using different approaches (e.g., press releases, infographics), and (ii) adopting diverse media channels (e.g., YouTube, Facebook, newspapers).
It will involve different experts and trainers [keynote speakers, professors/monitors and post-doctoral researchers] in Science Communication and research in Education that stand out for communicating science in a creative way.
SCoRE’17 will be a unique experience for those who wish to learn how to communicate their research in multiple ways and to contribute to public awareness about research in Education.
SCoRE’17 aims to:
- increase participants’ engagement and expertise in different Science Communication approaches for diverse publics (such as educational and political);
- enhance participants’ transversal competences, such as autonomous learning, reflective competences, digital competences, data management, and public presentation;
- promote an international academic network of “Science Communication on research in Education”.
- Call for proposals: until May 31st 2017
- Notification to the participants: June 30th 2017
- Early registration: until August 31st 2017
- Deadline for registration: until September 30th 2017