Strategic importance of education about standardisation
Date: 29 June 2012
Venue: Brussels (exact venue tba)
Organisation: CEN, CENELEC and ETSI
CEN, CENELEC and ETSI, the three European Standards Organisations, are aware of the need to improve the understanding of the benefits of standardisation amongst business leaders, academics and relevant government authorities, and to convince them of the value and role of education about standardisation and the role standardisation can play in supporting industrial policy and innovation.
To that end, CEN, CENELEC and ETSI created the Joint Working Group on Education about Standardisation to foster best practice in education about standardisation in Europe and to initiate a series of actions with the aim of:
- achieving a significant increase in the number of people who have a fair and positive knowledge of standardisation
- improving the understanding of the added value of standardisation amongst the key stakeholders
- increasing the competency of those persons seeking to participate in the standards-making process
In order to present the work done so far to key stakeholders and to help shape future collaboration on this topic, CEN, CENELEC and ETSI are planning a joint event on the Strategic importance of education about standardisation – a dialogue with academia and industry in Brussels on Friday, 29 June 2012.
Specific aims of the event:
- To discuss with major stakeholders about the importance of education about standardisation, to obtain feedback and discuss future plans
- To present plans of CEN-CENELEC-ETSI to address the need for education about standardisation
- decision makers from industry and business associations
- senior staff and academics from educational establishments
- national educational authorities
Should you be interested in taking part in this event, please notify Ms Hélène Hennico - email@example.com - of your interest to participate by 15 April 2012.
Please indicate your name, organisation, and to which of the following categories you belong:
- government/public authorities
As a second step we will issue a formal confirmation of participation (in May).